Warcraft Pet Tricks

Warcraft Pet Tricks

30 November 2014

Rockbiter, Stonechewer, & Acidtooth Garrison Pet Daily Guide


Rockbiter, Stonechewer, & Acidtooth are Humanoids, so you'll want to use some Undead pets in this daily garrison pet battle, but you'll also want to think about a pet with Acquatic attacks. This is a very predictable fight, and you shouldn't have any frustrations with it if you stick to a team like mine.

My team included an Eternal Strider, a Restless Shadeling, and a Lost of Lordaeron.


Against Rockbiter, you'll start with the Eternal Strider (or a Mirror Strider or Aqua Strider - they all have the same abilities) by using Pump twice. Rockbiter will then submerge. Since you can't hit him anyway, you'll continue to use Pump and hit him on the second Pump when he emerges.

Then, you'll want to heal yourself (at least I did on the fifth round, it seemed to work well for the rest of the match) and then cast Pump twice more, and then finish off Rockbiter with a final Water Jet.

Your Strider should have around 500 to 600 HP left. The reason why the Strider is so good is because Rockbiter uses an ability called "Nature's Ward," which turns him into an Elemental and means your Strider's Aquatic damage is powerful.

When your second adversary, Stonechewer, comes out, I'd recommend using Healing Wave first and then Pump (twice). After that, your HP will be pretty low and you'll want to cast a last Water Jet. As long as your Strider is faster than 319, you'll hit Stonechewer first and get some valuable attacks in before your Strider dies.

Then you'll bring your Restless Shadeling out and cast Plagued Blood and spam Death Coil until Stonechewer is low and you can finish him off with a Shadow Shock or two. I prefer healing with the Death Coil to get Stonechewer low before using Shadow Shock. It seems to let your Restless Shadeling live longer until Acidtooth comes out.

Your Restless Shadeling should have enough life for a few rounds with Acidtooth, and I'd recommend using the same rotation. Plagued Blood, Deathcoil (maybe twice), and then Shadow Shock when the Shadeling is on its second life.

When your Lost of Lordaeron comes out, Acidtooth should be pretty low and around 400 to 500 HP. As long as he's that low, just ignore Curse of Doom and cast Siphon Life and Shadow Slash until Acidtooth dies. He won't live long enough for Doom to go off. You can probably get away with skipping Siphon Life, too, and just cast one or two Shadow Slashes to kill Acidtooth and end the battle.


Overall, a fairly predictable fight. The general movements will be (outside of unexpected crits and stuff):

Pump > Pump > Pump > Pump > Healing Wave > Pump > Pump > Water Jet (Rockbiter should die here) > Healing Wave > Pump > Pump > Water Jet (Strider dies, Restless Shadeling comes out) > Plagued Blood > Death Coil (about 3 times) > Shadow Shock (Stonechewer should die here) > Plagued Blood > Shadow Shock (once or twice until your Shadeling dies and you bring your Lost of Lordaeron out) > Shadow Slash (once or twice to finish off Acidtooth).

Now, I tried using the Lost of Lordaeron second and cast Curse of Doom on him, but Stonechewer actually died before Doom went off and my Restless Shadeling died at the same round as the other team, which meant a draw. Annoying! So my team works when you use Eternal Strider > Restless Shadeling > Lost of Lordaeron.

You could also use a Crawling Claw (which I don't have because Achaeology is a big piece of poo) or an Unborn Valkyr for your Undead teammates. Maybe a Blighthawk would work, too, with Infected Claw and Consume Corpse. I love fights where I get to use Undead pets!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks again for this! I used a Shadow sporebat in place of restless shadling and used spore shrooms and creeping fungus, it was close but worked in the end. I have actually levelled up a lost of lordearon since finding your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool! I haven't snagged that pet yet! Definitely looks like a viable alternative for this fight. I need to get around to catching all the pets around Draenor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was having trouble with this one until I looked up this guide and worked first time. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know why, but that team didn't work for me..Tried a lot of other setups, and finally came down with this. Eternal Strider, Flayer Youngling and Gilnean Raven.
    GL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some problems with this team yesterday, actually. It was like a terrible run of RNG or something (or the battle was updated somehow and I wasn't aware?). I do this daily on 3 toons each day, and my first battle went fine. When I signed on the second toon, I just kept getting clobbered. I'll try your setup next time these guys come around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, dont bother..;-) I tried these pets on other toons. .RNG killed me every time, like someone on the other end wanted me to lose..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried alot of different combinations and finally found one that beats this team every (almost) time. Eternal strider, pump first enemy to death, if you play wisely(and are lucky) you may get second enemy almost halfway down. When Strider is down, use infected bite, add health when nescessary with consume corpse, Liftoff can be used to avoid some damage. This setup worked three times in a row with no probs.
    Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOPS!! Forgot to mention what pets after Eternal strider!!!
      Early dementia... Use two Blighthawks, I had H/P, H/H is prob best..
      :-)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took me twice today as my first attempt was a miss. I took them out with my fledgling nether ray, phoenix hatchling, and my blue dragonhawk hatchling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used Eternal Strider.. pump pump heal pump,Alpine Fox ling Flurry and howl and i used lil Bling rocket 2 times and won!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As everyone said above, eternal strider first - pump til rockbiter is dead. For the next 2, I continued with eternal strider as long as I could. I then used 2 H/H jungle grubs with consume, sticky goo and burrow. Jungle grubs are beasts and have strong defense against the enemy attacks. Tried to use consume on cooldown, burrow when 1 round left on the enemy shield and sticky goo otherwise. Last pet is down to 20% of their health when my 2nd Jungle Grub comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. two striders and chrominus... worked for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I two-manned this with a Fen Crab and a Twilight Spider. Open with crab, Rip, Spiny Carapace, Blood in the water. Repeat, watching for Submerge switch rip/spiny first round if you are faster. Crab should kill Rickbiter at about half life. Run Crab till he dies and Brittle Web then Leech life till no one is left.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I beat them with Leopard Tree Frog, Nether Fairie Dragon and Infected Squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was able to beat them using Fel Flame, Onyxian Whelpling, and Emerald Proto-Whelp

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was able to two man this as well. I used eternal strider and cleansing rain instead of healing wave. Two pumps and rockbiter died and was some left over for the next. Then I used the infected fawn. I used consume corpse when he was over 1/2 way damaged and he was able to finished off the last two opponents. Good luck all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used a Mirror Strider, Unborn Val'kyr and Lil'KT. Rockbiter is usually dead after 4 Pumps but I still go with the suggested drill. When Strider's dead, I switch to Val'kyr and Siphon Life, then Slash to down Stonechewer. When she's low on HP (for one-two hits) - Haunt and finish Acidmaw off with Lil'KT using Siphon and Slash. Curse of Doom probably wouldn't go off before any of the mobs are down :)

    ReplyDelete