Warcraft Pet Tricks

Warcraft Pet Tricks

02 November 2014

Beat Christoph VonFeasel Master Pet Tamer of the Darkmoon Faire



The Warlords of Draenor patch brings new content and pets to a variety of places around Azeroth, and the monthly Darkmoon Faire is one of those places. In addition to existing master tamer, Jeremy Feasel, the Darkmoon Faire now features an additional pet tamer named Christoph VonFeasel, who comes armed with an interesting menagerie of pets.

He's located in the same enclosure next to Jeremy Feasel:



VonFeasel's pets include (and you'll meet them in this order):

  • Syd, a squid, who is a Magic pet
  • Mr. Pointy, a rhino, who is a Beast
  • Otto, a cow, who is a Beast

Now, you have a variety of comps that will work against VonFeasel, and my comp might not even be the best. However, I have found it reliable for beating VonFeasel without too much hassle.

My team includes:

  • Scourged Whelpling (with tail sweep and plagued blood)
  • Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (with metal fist, call lightning, and ion cannon)
  • Robo-Chick (with batter and/or wind-up)


I open with the Scourged Whelping and use Plagued Blood for the healing. Then, I use tail sweep until Syd is dead. Syd will block a few of your attacks with his bubble, so you'll just want to mash tail sweep to hit him whenever you can. Hopefully, your Whelping will survive just long enough to reach the second pet in VonFeasel's team: Mr. Pointy the Rhino. You'll be able to cast a second and final Plagued Blood to heal your next pet, the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, during his battle against Mr. Pointy.

After the Whelpling dies and you bring your Yeti out, you'll want to cast Call Lightning, which will boost the damage of your second attack: Ion Cannon. Your Yeti may or may not live to finish off Mr. Pointy, but if he doesn't, your third pet, the Robo-Chick, will get in the final blow against the dubious Rhino.

The Robo-Chick is faster than the Rhino, so Mr. Pointy won't even have a chance to take a whack at your Chick before he gets battered to death. Your final opponent will be Otto, the innocent looking cow. Your Robo-Chick will also be faster than Otto, which means he'll get a few great whacks in against Otto.

There's a little RNG associated with this fight, and the point at which your pets die or his pets die might change, depending on crits and luck. You probably won't miss many of your attacks (which is usually really annoying), but don't be surprised if one of your pets or one of his pets survives with a sliver of life.


Basically, the order of attacks goes (and you might have an extra, basic attack here or there to finish a pet off):

Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep (until Syd dies), Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep (if your Whelpling still lives) > Call Lightning > Ion Cannon > Metal Fist (until Mr. Pointy Dies) > Wind-Up or Batter (until Otto is dead).

Tip: The reason I used my Robo-Chick is because of his HP. At level 25, my Robo-Chick has 1627 hit points. That's much more than other Mechanical pets like the Cogblade Raptor. I've read that some people use their raptors for this fight, but if you're just using batter as your main attack, you might as well employ your Robo-Chick for the additional HP and Wind-Up, if you choose to use it. I realize there are "breeds" and whatnot that may change the amount of HP your pets have, but my point is: find a Mechanical pet that has batter and a lot of HP. You'll thank me when you win on your first try!

My Advice to You: DO THIS DAILY EVERY SINGLE DAY!


You can get your very own Syd the Squid from your reward bag. As I've only fought Christoph VonFeasel once (as of the writing of this post), I have yet to get my Syd. But, I'll keep trying every day that the Darkmoon Faire lasts! You also get some handy pet bandages and other items in your reward sack, so this daily is definitely worth doing every day.


Here's a video on beating Christoph VonFeasel:



Update: I've managed to score my very own squishy! I fought Christoph each day of the Faire and it took 7 battles to get my Syd.








3 comments:

  1. plagued blood doesn't work he blocks it 100% of time

    ReplyDelete
  2. The team I used was the Scourged Whelpling as mentioned, but my second pet was the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry followed by Chrominius

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beat him with the Scourged Whelpling, Anubisath Idol, and Robo-chick. Piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete